Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Province of the Confederacy address

Tonight, President Bush will stand in front of Congress and try not to shit himself as he delivers what is being reported as a "domestic" agenda.  Seeing how well his troop surge idea went over, mentioning foreign policy could be a bad move.  I'm picturing bad, like Michael Richards at the Laugh Factory bad.

With Republicans jumping ship on his Iraq agenda, and his approval ratings beating their all-time lows with every new poll, Bush has to be careful on more than one front.  If he continues on his current path, he will risk increasing the republican voices crossing the aisle and speaking against him, but if he backs down, he will lose his base group of supporters, which I call "crazy fuckers".

Let me be clear, however...I'm not planning on watching this year's State of the Union.  I don't care what he has to say.  I have no doubt it will be barely literate, and all kinds of insane.  Now, you can say what you want about my refusal to watch...you can even call me a snob, but I tried last year, and was able to sit through his misplaced emphasis on words, and repitition of  Nuke-You-Lur for about five minutes before my head was ready to explode.  I would rather listen to audio files of Paris Hilton talk about how iodized salt is "hot" than actually sit through another state of the union.

Currently listening:
Ben Folds Live
By Ben Folds
Release date: 08 October, 2002

No comments: