Monday, September 19, 2005

Emmys

Last night, like many people probably did, I sat down and suffered through the Emmy's.  I love Ellen Degeneres as a comic, but she was thoroughly unfunny as the hostess.  I know this was a more somber occasion with thoughts still on Katrina, but talk about boring...at least some good shows actually got awards that they deserved, though.  EXCEPT RAYMOND.  Thank GOD that show is off the air and this was the last year that they could win awards they didn't deserve.  That show was RARELY funny, and ALWAYS uncomfortable to watch...I know that we're a country of peeping toms, and we like other peoples' misery, but that show just made my skin crawl...so many other funnier shows to get awards that just got overlooked. But anywho...

shit...I was going to change the subject, but I just remembered how much I hate Patricia Heaton...I only mildly disliked her on Raymond, but then she became the spokesperson for Shaws supermarkets, and suddenly, it was on...I HATE her!!!  After last night, I DESPISE her.  She didn't clap for Johnny Carson when EVERYONE ELSE did, she looked bored the whole night, except for when she was onstage, and she didn't clap for the Peter Jennings memoriam, and when Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw got a standing ovation, she looked as if she was pissed she had to get her big ass out of her seat...

Kicking the soapbox aside, glad to see Desperate Housewives and Lost get their due and the DAILY SHOW get their well-deserved Emmys.  For me, the only funny parts were John Stewart's butchered speech about politics, and the little snippets of Family Guy. Better luck next year.

No comments: