Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why my daughter and wife are so awesome

I rarely talk directly about my family for a couple reasons:

1.)  My wife, Amy, hates when i do.

and

2.) As the frequent comments I get in Japanese(which I delete because they always include spam links) prove, anyone can read this blog, and my private life is private...unless you're friends with me on Facebook.

Today, however, I'm going to break that rule a bit, with my wife's blessing.  My wife gets precious little time these days to simply sit at the computer and just bullshit around on the internet.  When she does, it tends to be catching up on the past several weeks of Facebook friends' updates and links, and visiting a few choice sites that she loves.  Among these sites are Postsecret, Cake Wrecks, and IHeartFaces.  All of these sites are really cool, and I highly suggest checking them out.

Anyhow, Amy decided while browsing IHeartFaces the other day, she decided to enter the weekly photo contest.  Last week's subject was "Faces & Flowers," and Amy thought that we had the perfect picture:


So she submitted it for the weekly contest, because...well, why not?  It's an adorable picture of our daughter, which we thought perfectly fit the category.  And guess what?  Among all of the entries by professional photographers, and retouched beautiful works, they picked Amy's shot as the winner for the week, which I thought was awesome.  And she was first place out of 646 entries!!  Amy told me to put it up on my blog because...because she doesn't have a blog.

In addition to giving Amy kudos, I also wanted to plug this website too, because they always have such amazing photographers, doing unbelievable things with the medium, so here's their button that you can click!





Ok...back to work, and we'll be back to my regular tactless snark as of my next entry...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mimi just LOVES the pic. Congrats to Amy!

Kyle said...

That picture is awesome and exactly why I love that little girl. Congrats to Amy and Miss M for winning! :)

Nate Wilson said...

Technically, your daughter and wife aren't awesome because they win online photo contests. They're awesome AND they win online photo contests. Get it right.

(Oh, and if people are wondering where you got your tact from this week, clearly you stole it from me. Jerk.)

Anonymous said...

Great photo of M - congratulations on the win!