Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Bush suspends oil reserve deposits

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060425/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_12

For the past month, gas prices have been rising at a more than steady pace, and Bush has decided that enough is enough, so, for the time being, he is suspending our deposits into the national oil reserve.  This will make more petroleum available for refinement, and should help to ease the burden that these prices have been creating on the collective American wallet.

For the record, those who know me, or who read my ramblings, will tell you that I am not a huge fan of the Bush administration, having found little that they have done properly in the past 6 years, but every once in a while, he does something that shows that he's not totally oblivious to the plight of the average american.  This is one of those moments, and I want to give him credit for it...it doesn't happen often, so I figure I have a small window of opportunity before he goes and does something else that will infuriate me.

So, before I can't say it anymore, good job, Dubya!


Currently listening:
The Everglow
By Mae
Release date: 29 March, 2005

No comments: