Wednesday, August 09, 2006

To anyone who may disagree with me...

Lieberman has lost the Democratic nomination...yes, I know that this is my 2nd post about him today, but I decided to preempt any rebuttals that might arise about my dislike of our fallen CT senator.

Click here to find out one of the reasons that I harbor such disdain for this once great Democrat. For anyone too busy or lazy to actually click the link, I'll summarize. (Begin paraphrase)Anyone who votes for my opposition has forgotten about 9/11 and doesn't care about our country(End Paraphrase)
I've said before that I hate people using a tragedy such as 9/11 as a campaign stump subject. I hate it even more when 9/11 gets used out of context to justify a war that has stolen thousands of military lives and billions of tax dollars. A war that HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11!!! There is NO proof, and there never was any. I can't believe that politicians are still throwing that out there as probable cause for a war with Iraq.
 
Are there terrorists in Iraq today?  Yes...but they're there because we've been occupying the country for a couple years now.  They are helping the insurgency to keep its foothold in the country.  Al Qaeda wasn't a presence in Iraq until we invaded!!!

Lieberman, I will say it again...do the right thing and endorse the democratic nominee and then go join some board of directors somewhere or, heaven forbid, become a lobbyist or something!


Currently listening:
Fortress
By Sister Hazel
Release date: 27 June, 2000

No comments: